To duplicate this information box, place your cursor
within the title area of the box. If you place your cursor within
the content area, only the content will be copied. On the Table
menu, go to Select and then Table. Copy and paste to the desired
Before you start creating your website please read this
page along with the Tutorial page. These pages will help you get started.
a page to the Navigation Structure
In the Folder List, select the page and drag it to the position in the
structure where you want it.
Replacing the current logo with
Make sure your logo file is saved in a transparent GIF file format.
And do not add a logo that is larger than the maximum height stated
on the logo.
1. Delete the current logo in the page.
2. Add your own logo (on the Insert menu, go to Picture>From File).
Replacing the Flash Movie with a
You can use a static image instead of the Flash movie. Delete the Flash
movie and add one that is found in the "images" folder.
1. Click where you want to insert the picture.
2. On the Insert menu, go to Picture, and then click From File.
3. Locate the picture that is found in the “images?folder.
4. Select the picture.
5. Click OK.
Changing the flash text or text effects
in .swi file
In your web is a folder called "swish_source." You will find the Swish
movie files (.swi) for the movies in this web site in the folder. If
you have Swish 2.0 program, you may edit the text and effects with your
own. You can also download a free Swish 2.0 trial version at
- Editing the text
1. Open the original .swi source file in Swish 2.0 program.
2. In Outline panel to the left, Double click the text you like to modify.
3. The Text panel will appear on the right. In Text panel, change the
text, font size and color as you want.
4. Save the file.
5. On the File menu, go to Export and then click SWF or Ctrl+E. The
.swf file will be automatically created.
- Editing the text effect
The Timeline at the top shows the effects that are applied to various
objects within a Scene. You can edit the settings for an effect by double-clicking
on the effect in the Timeline. Or, you can right-click on the Effect
and select 'Properties' from the context Menu. You can also add other
effects you want after deleting the current ones.
a shared border
A shared border is used at the bottom of each page where the text navigation
and copyright are placed. A shared border is common to one or more pages
in a web site. So, if you change or remove the content in a shared border
in a page, your changes will appear on all pages that share the border
1. Open a page that uses the shared border you want to modify.
2. In Page view, click inside the shared border region.
3. Modify the content inside the shared border region.
4. Click Save. Your changes will appear on all pages that share the
Adding a sub menu
A sub menu is included in the Catalog page in this template. And you
can easily add a sub menu in a page by inserting a table. Or, just copy
and paste the main vertical navigation bar into a place you want.
Importing the modified flash movie
into your web
1. In Normal view in FrontPage, select the current flash movie and delete.
2. On the Insert menu, click Web Component.
3. In the left pane, click Advanced Controls.
4. In the right pane, double-click Plug-In.
5. In the Data source box, type the URL of the file (your modified .swf
file), or click Browse to locate the file.
6. Specify the width and height of your flash movie.
7. Click OK.